All complaints should be made to Ms Shella Makwana:
582 Honeypot Lane
Tel: 0208 732 5458
Fax: 0208 732 5459
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 5 workings days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to Shella Makwana who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Shella Makwana will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. This will be done within 7 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within 5 working days of the meeting, Shella Makwana will write to you to confirm the discussion that took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Shella Makwana will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 14 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for Christoleen Selvarajah of Chris Raja Solicitors who is unconnected with this matters to carry out a review
- We will write to you within 7 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
- Please note that we are permitted 8 weeks from the date of complaint in order to consider and respond to the complaint.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, Tel: 0300 555 0333 or 0121 245 3050, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You should make your complaint to the Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final response from us following the complaint that you have made to us. Normally, your complaint needs to fall inside both rules if the Ombudsman is going to investigate it.